Friday, January 23, 2009

My First Blog


Well, here it goes my first official blog. I guess that with that being said, I should probably bring some of you up to date on what is going on with me these days. My husband Bryan and I have been married for almost 12 years now. We have two kids, Wyatt and Makaela. I'm currently work for Emmanuel Baptist Church as a Ministry Assistant (glorified name for secretary) and also as the Nursery Coordinator. I feel very blessed to work in such a great environment with such a great group of co-workers/friends. Our church is in the process of building a new building. With God's grace we should be moved in around late April!


The kids keep us pretty busy. Wyatt loves playing video games, hanging out with friends and playing soccer. Kaela is our little cheerleader/monkey. I keep saying that I need to get her into gymnastics, but am hard pressed to find a good coach with moral character.


In addition to our children, we also have three fury ones. Baxter is our Barky Van Schnauzer. JD and Beau-Bella are our two cats. JD and Beau have funny little stories that go with them. About a month after we got Baxter, Bryan called from work and said that he had found this little kitten and asked if I knew of anyone who was looking for a cat. I told him that I didn't know of anyone right away, but to bring him home and we would find a home for him. Needless to say, we did find a home for him, our home.


Beau-Bella is a recent addition to our home. At the beginning of December, a pastor friend from Ovid brought this adorable little kitten into work. Mark said that he had tried to call the Humane Society but the were full. He even tried to put her on Swap Shop and still no one wanted her. It was close to Christmas, and all I could think was "The poor little thing! Every animal deserves a home at Christmas time!" So against my better judgement, I brought her home. (Let me stress that Mark said that this cat was a girl.) The kids loved her and we gave her the name Bella. Bryan took a little more convincing, but Bella won him over with her loving disposition. Then, just about 2-3 weeks ago, I realized that Mark had no clue what he was talking about. Bella is actually a BOY!! We are still having a hard time adjusting to this fact and didn't want the poor cat to have a complex generated by a female name. Hence the name Beau, the masculine equivalent of Bella.


No comments:

Post a Comment