Monday, January 26, 2009

Joyful and Thankful


It is a cold snowy day here. Although it is only January, its sad to say that I already have cabin fever. When you've had a couple of 70 degree days one just can't help but long for the warm days of spring. However, my Bible tells me that I am to give thanks in ALL things so I am thankful for the moisture and I supposed I'm even thankful for the cold that I currently have, because it reminds to slow down a little from time to time.

Bryan & I have been house hunting lately. We just really need a larger house. I thought that we were going to hold off for a while, but apparently the hunt is back on. There is one house that we have found that we are pondering, but there are a couple of things that I don't really care for in the house. For one, even though the house is modern above, when you walk into the basement, it is like walking into the 70's with wood paneling and this lovely shade of mauve, pink carpet. Oh yeah, there is even a pink bathroom to boot. Don't keep me wrong I love pink, but there is tasteful and then just plain hideous!! Oh well, they are all just aesthetic things that can be changed. If this is the house that the Lord will provide us I will be joyful and thankful for His provisions.

The thought from my heart today:


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment